This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
MJL Consultancy (“we/us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Information we may collect from you
- IP addresses and cookies
- Your consent
- Where we stored your personal data
- Uses made of the information
- Retention of data
- Disclosure of your information
- Your rights
- Access to information
- Contacting us
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided when you contact us, wish to make a complaint or enquiry.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Name, address and contact details from received emails, and other incoming enquiries.
- Additional information you provide to us.
Data may be sourced from individuals with consent, from available trade information and from publicly accessible information
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP (Internet Protocol) address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to provide us with aggregate information on the use of our site. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small text files which contain information that is transferred to the device’s permanent storage device. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. You can also delete our cookies (or all cookies stored by your browser) at any time – please see your browser’s help file for more.
Cookies enable us:
- To estimate our website audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website, according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches on our website.
- To identify Spammers or potentially Intrusive server attacks
- To recognise you when you return to our website.
By registering to use the services and by using the MJL Consultancy website generally you will be deemed to consent to our use of your personal information in the ways indicated.
Where we store your personal data
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that we can carry out our services and our obligations to you when we have agreed to carry out work.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email with information about goods and services similar to those which you have enquired about previously. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Retention of data
We will only retain your data to allow us to fulfil any contractual commitment and to meet any requirements for data retention for HMRC and other government reporting requirements. We are also obligated to retain some data in order to ensure we have all information to comply with our professional Indemnity cover, if at any time in the future we are required to use our cover.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties but only where this is absolutely necessary:
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Under the Act, we have one month from the date of your request to provide you with the relevant information. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address, name or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
128a Washer Lane,
If you are unhappy with the way we handle your personal data or respond to your requests for information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office. Details can be found on their website at www.ico.org.uk
MJL Consultancy, Colsterdale Cottage,128a Washer Lane, Halifax, HX2 7DW
Opt in or out now
You can opt in, giving MJL your consent to use your data within the context of the above policy by visiting this page here.